SMARTER representatives will attend numerous conferences and workshops; during these events, the latest project developments, progresses and results will be presented to the audience.
- National Sheep Conference, in Killarney and Kilkenney (Ireland, 28th & 30th January 2020). TEAGASC presentation: “Commercial data – how it benefits out breeding indexes”. Moreover, a poster was presented.
- Sheep Ireland Conference, in Portlaoise (Ireland, 17th January 2020). TEAGASC presentations: 1) “Making life easier at the busiest time: The potential to breed for greater lamb vigour and better mothering ability”; 2) “How can twins have completely different genetics?”; 3) “How many lambs are too many?”. Moreover, two posters were presented, one titled “Can ewe get more from DNA?”
- X Latin American and Caribbean Encounter Agricultural Biotechnology REDBIO Uruguay and the XII REDBIO Argentina Symposium, in Montevideo (Uruguay, 12th – 15th November 2019). INIA-UY presentation: “¿Cómo aumentar la resistencia genética a parásitos gastrointestinales en ovinos? La estrategia de Uruguay”.
- 70th EAAP Annual Meeting, in Ghent (Belgium, 26th– 30th August 2019). INIA-UY, SRUC and INRAE presentations: 1) “Evaluation of udder morphology and milk production in prolific and meat ewes”; 2) “Differences in growth between Corriedale sheep divergent lines for resistance to nematodes”; 3) “Divergent genetic selection in meat sheep for an early behavioural reactivity”; 4) “Towards value-based marketing of UK lamb”.
- AGROEXPO2019, in Bogotà (Colombia, 11th – 21st July 2019). INIA-UY and SRUC presentation: “Selección por resistencia genética a parásitos”.
- ICAR Conference 2019 in Prague (Czech Republic, 17th -21st June 2019). IDELE, UNILEON, SRUC, INRAE, UEDIN, TEAGASC, EAAP, S-ICAR presentation during a technical session: “SMARTER – A European project on selection of efficiency and resilience in small ruminants with strong ICAR commitment and implication” (pp. 169-175). IDELE presentation within working group on sheep, goat and camelids (18th June 2019): “SMARTER: a European project on selection on efficiency and resilience in small ruminants with strong ICAR commitment and implication”.
- Workshop: Mejoramiento genético ganadero en Uruguay: perspectivas y desafíos in INIA Las Brujas (Uruguay, 13th May 2019). INIA-UY presentation: “Estado Actual de las Evaluaciones Genéticas. Current Status of Genetic evaluations”.
- SVT Tagung 2019 (yearly conference of the Swiss Association of Animal Sciences) in Strickhof Lindau (Switzerland, 16th April 2019). FiBL and Qualitas poster: “Small ruminants breeding for efficiency and resilience (SMARTER)”.
- BSAS 75th Annual Conference in Edinburgh (Scotland, UK 9th -11th April 2019). SRUC presentation: “Genetic parameters of faecal egg and oocyst counts, dag scores, live weight and immunological traits in Scottish Blackface sheep”.
- Kleinwiederkäuertagung 2019 in Bern (Switzerland, 7th March 2019). FiBL and Qualitas presentation: “Zucht auf Parasitenresistenz bei kleinen Wiederkäuern”.
- Workshop: 1st Expo Nacional Texel in Salto (Uruguay, 5th February 2019). INIA-UY presentation: “Propuesta de investigación genética con la raza Texel“.
- PAG Conference in San Diego (USA, 12th -16th January 2019). INRAE presentation: “European project SMARTER 2018-2023”
- SHAWG Conference in Staffordshire (United Kingdom, 21st November 2018). Some flyers were presented by TEXELS.
- Workshop (seminar): IV Seminario sobre Mejoramiento genético Ovino in Arapey, Salto (Uruguay, 20th November 2018). INIA-UY presentation: “Genética contra parásitos: Resistencia y resiliencia”.