Other communication activities
SMARTER representatives will attend numerous events where the latest project developments, progresses and results will be presented to the audience.
- NSG radio interview on methane emission from sheep. Channel NRK P1+, program “Ferievikarene”, 1st July 2020.
- NSG interview on measurement of methane emission from sheep in the PAC equipment as a part of the SMARTER project. TV program ” NRK – Oslo og Viken”, 24th June 2020.
- INRAE interview on BOUDU magazine, December 2018.
- IDELE organised a meeting with French breeders in Paris (France, 28th June 2019) to give them update on the protocols and get feedback.
- ARAL organized 11 meetings with Italian goats’ breeders (from January 2019 to January 2020) to present SMARTER project.
- SRUC presented SMARTER activities to industry at the following events: a) iTEXEL (17/11/2018); b) Industry meeting (held virtually on 29/04/2019) with key abattoir sector and terminal sire sheep meat breeders to showcase proposed new abattoir-derived carcass evaluation and health traits; c) Sheep Breeders’ Round Table November (15-17/11/2019). And during the following Industry Events: a) Highland Sheep (12/06/2019); b) National Sheep Association North Sheep (5/05/2019); c) Royal Highland Show (20-23 June 2019).
- NSG provided information on project activities about portable accumulation chambers (PAC) equipment to measure methane emission of sheeps on commercial farms to the Norwegian Agricultural University (three times between November 2018 – April 2020) and the Landbrukets Klimaselskap AS (consortium of 16 Norwegian agricultural organizations).
- INRAE made an oral presentation of the project during the joint event organized in Brussels by Fitter Livestock Farming “What R&I can deliver to support climate mitigation and adaptation in livestock farming” (Belgium, 6th November 2019). Moreover, a poster was presented and some brochures distributed.
- Visit of Interbull Center in Uppsala (Sweden, 27th – 28th May 2019). IDELE presentation: “SMARTER: a European project on selection on efficiency and resilience in small ruminants with strong ICAR commitment and implication”.
- UNILEON presented SMARTER activities within ASSAFE management committees, in collaboration with OVIGEN (June 2019) and within the ANCHE Breeding program management committee (21st May 2019 in Palencia, Spain).