EAAP SMARTER Session 2020
EAAP Virtual Annual Meeting 2020 – 4th December 2020
SMARTER: small ruminants breeding for efficiency and resilience
Chair: Carole Moreno Romieux (INRAE Project coordinator)
and Joanne Conington (SRUC – WP2 leader)
- “Genetic resistance to a gastro-intestinal parasite in young sheep weakly effective during peripartum” – F. Douhard, S. Aguerre, A. Corbishley, T.N. McNeilly, D. Marcon, J.-L. Weisbecker, L. Bordes, P. Jacquiet and C. Moreno-Romieux.
- “Genetic evaluation systems and breeding programs in sheep and goats: an international perspective” – L.F. Brito, D. Berry, H. Larroque, F.S. Schenkel, G. Ciappesoni, A. O’Brien, F. Tortereau, E. Ugarte, I. Palhiere, B. Bapst, J. Jakobsen, G. Antonakos, A. Kominakis, V. Clement, G. Bruni, V. Loywyck, E. Massender, H.R. Oliveira, J. Posta and J.M. Astruc.
- “Milk transcriptome analysis identifies genes and pathways affecting feed efficiency in dairy ewes” – M. Franco, P.G. Toral, C. Esteban, B. Gutiérrez-Gil, G. Hervás, J.J. Arranz, P. Frutos and A. Suárez-Vega.
- “Identification of homozygous haplotype compromising fertility traits in dairy sheep” – M. Ben Braiek, S. Fabre, C. Hozé, J.M. Astruc and C. Moreno-Romieux.
- “Identification of QTL for body reserves in meat sheep” – T. Macé, E. González-García, J. Pradel, C. Durand, S. Douls, S. Parisot and D. Hazard.
- “On the accuracy of estimating resilience” – M. Ghaderi-Zefreh, V. Riggio, O. Matika, A. Doeschl-Wilson and R. Pong-Wong.
- “Development of a genomic test-day model and correlations with robustness traits in French goats” – M. Arnal, V. Ducrocq, C. Robert-Granié and H. Larroque.
- “Meta-analysis of genetic parameters for resilience and efficiency traits in goats and sheep” – F. Tortereau, S. Mucha, R. Rupp and J. Conington.
- “Potential exists to improve ewe mothering ability and lamb vigour through breeding” – A.C. O’Brien, N. McHugh, T. Pabiou and D.P. Berry.
- “Genetic parameters for VIA-derived muscle, bone and fat weights in Texel-sired crossbred lambs” – A. Tolkamp, J. Conington, J. Yates, E. Smith, J. Draper, N. Clelland and N. Lambe.
- “Association between feed efficiency and methane emissions, performance and health in Merino sheep” – I. De Barbieri, E.A. Navajas, D. Giorello, J.I. Velazco, G. Banchero, B. Rodríguez, F. Rovira and G. Ciappesoni.
- “Detection of unrecorded environmental challenges and genetic determinism of resilience in lambs” – C.A. Garcia-Baccino, C. Marie-Etancelin, F. Tortereau, D. Marcon, J.L. Weisbecker and A. Legarra.
- “SMARTER EU project: SMAll RuminanTs breeding for efficiency and resilience.” – C. Moreno-Romieux, J.J. Arranz, J.M. Astruc, D. Berry, T. Byrne, J. Conington, A. Doeschl-Wilson, P. Frutos, A. Legarra, A. Meynadier, C. Mosconi, C. Paul-Victor, R. Pong-Wong, A. Rosati, R. Rupp, B. Servin, C. Soulas, A. Stella, V. Thenard and The Smarter Consortium.
- “Benefits of genomic selection for meat sheep according to the available pedigree and the level of AI” – J. Raoul and J.M. Elsen.
- “What is the energetic cost of resistance to gastro-intestinal parasite? A modelling approach” – F. Douhard, C. Moreno-Romieux and A.B. Doeschl-Wilson.
- “Divergent selection for functional longevity in Alpine goats as a model to assess animal resilience” – C. Huau, J.A. Torres-Penna, T. Fassier, J. Pires, M. Tourret, I. Palhière, N.C. Friggens and R. Rupp.
- “Can a domestic sheep industry make genetic benefits from using foreign sires?” – N. Fetherstone, F.S. Hely, N. McHugh and P.R. Amer.
- “Comparison of sheep genotype metrics across breeds and countries” – A.C. O’Brien, J.M. Astruc, A. Tolkamp and D.P. Berry.
- “Study of rumen microbiota in dairy sheep with different feed efficiency using nanopore sequencing” – C. Esteban-Blanco, P.G. Toral, C. Fernández-Díez, A. Suarez Vega, B. Gutiérrez-Gil, O. González-Recio, G. Hervás, P. Frutos and J.J. Arranz.
- “Genomic solutions for improved gastrointestinal parasite resistance in Scottish Blackface sheep” – A. Pacheco, T.N. McNeilly, G. Banos and J. Conington.